Thursday, July 16, 2015

Life Hack

Over the last 20+ years, I have had scores of people tell me they want the blessings I have in my life...a loving, godly husband, well behaved children, needs abundantly met, and my inner joy, strength and peace. 

None of them ever say they want my heartaches: abuse, abandonment, rejection, losses from natural disasters, thirteen rounds of severe hyperemesis gravidarum, nine pregnancy losses, death of good friends, and etc. The good often results from the bad, so they can't be separated. To have one, you must go through the other. Once a grade school teacher pointed out that concept, I no longer struggled with envy or jealousy. 

Very, very few of the people who have said they want my life want it badly enough to do what I did though...surrender my life (my way of doing things) for Christ's. 

Any good you see in me or my life is Jesus. I know Him. I love Him. I try the best I can to obey Him. My efforts are weak and very flawed. I mess up and have to crawl back on my knees asking for help. Still, He sees my heart and blesses me anyway. 

What you see in my life, I did not earn it. I am not that worthy. It's called God's grace. 


*~*~*~*~*~*

You know how you discover somewhere good to eat, and you tell your friends so they can go too. That's how I am about Jesus. He is good! He even says, "Try me and see how beneficial I am to your life."


Psalm 34:8 O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.