Sunday, April 12, 2015

Opportunities

Them: The strip club closed! What happened?
Me: I think you have the wrong number. Who is this?
Them: Stevie.
Me: I do not know you. You have the wrong number.
Them: Will the bar be opened again?
Me: I don't know you, but we traced your number to a house in Yorktown. I know no one at that address. I got this phone a few months ago, so your friend has a new number.
Them: It's me, Stevie. I'm here. Where are you?
Me: I don't know you.
Them: Is this Tracie?
Me: I've been trying to tell you I'm not who you think I am. I do not know you.
Them: Is this Tracie?
Me: (At this point, I suspect one of my prankster friends.) I am going to break it down slowly...
Me: N
Me: O
Them: Well, you could have said I had the wrong person!!
Me: I did.
Them: You said (They repeated the entire dialog above. I reasses and assume reading comprehension isn't a strong point.)
Me: Exactly!
Them: Oh. OK. It's all good.

Then, I witnessed to them. 

They told me their god was their boyfriend, and he provided all their needs.
Will you take just a minute right now and pray for them?

As a young, busy at home mother of several young children, I believed I'd have little opportunities to witness. This disturbed me, so I asked God to increase my ability to reach others for Him. He did! People just came my way..broke down vehicles, young girls out of gas, lost travelers, neighbors, wrong numbers, mail to the wrong address, etc. The Sunday school lessons I wrote have been used in many churches. I have witnessed to women all around the world! I have learned we are not limited by location or chosen profession. God will give you opportunities to share Him. Seize them, and make the most of them!