Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Having the Wrong Rightness

Sitting in judgment of anyone can lead us to have the "wrong rightness," as my friend Shonda calls it. I don't feel harshly towards the rude woman in the story because I have been both judgmental and wrongly judged. Both have taught me valuable lessons! If we let it, experiences with the meanest people we meet can make us the sweetest people others will ever meet. I believe the author demonstrates that well.


"Standing on the corner waiting for the light to change, I became so lost in thought pondering what could be wrong with my precious boy that I almost didn’t hear her. My husband’s abrupt “Excuse me!?” snapped me out of it. ... She had aggressive body language, matched only by the angry look on my husband’s face. “I said he’s old enough to walk,” she said gesturing to my child sleeping soundly against my husband’s chest. I stood looking at her my mouth literally gaping. Did she really just say that?"  read more here