Sunday, February 15, 2015

More Verses for the Discouraged

Discouragement is something we all face, but we do not have to stay in that place. It is possible to experience great joy and peace in the midst of trying circumstances. Soak your mind in Scripture. God's Word is powerful and will enable you have victory over the discouragement and will enable you to glorify the Lord despite your circumstances. 
Isaiah 49:13 Shout for joy, you heavens; rejoice, you earth; burst into song, you mountains! For the LORD comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones. 
Isaiah 57:1-2 Good people pass away; the godly often die before their time. But no one seems to care or wonder why. No one seems to understand that God is protecting them from the evil to come. For those who follow godly paths will rest in peace when they die. 
Jeremiah 1:8 "Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD. 
Lamentations 3:25 The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; 
Micah 7:7 But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me. 
Romans 8:18  I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
Psalm 18:2  The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18  After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Therefore comfort one another with these words.
1 Peter 5:7  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
Psalm 73:26  My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalm 22:24  For he has not despised or scorned the suffering of the afflicted one; he has not hidden his face from him but has listened to his cry for help.
Psalm 27:4-5  One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.  For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock.
Psalm 30:5  For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.
Psalm 34:18  The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Matthew 11:28  Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Lamentations 3:31-33  For no one is cast off by the Lord forever.  Though he brings grief, he will show compassion, so great is his unfailing love.  For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to anyone.