Saturday, September 13, 2014

A Daughter Who Excelled

Even though Clint and I made many efforts to mend the relationship, it remained broken until the day she died seven years ago today. Still, I am very thankful to my mother in law for raising such a fine man as my husband. Midge had some very rough parts in her life. 

Her parents were killed in an automobile accident while she was still young. According to what she told both Clint and I more than once, she had a period of living wild after that. 

She dated and married a man who was well known for partying. In their early years, according to her, she drank with him. He became an alcoholic. I do not believe he was an evil man, but from what I have been told, he was a hurting man with a lot of damage himself. From his own deep hurts and inner struggles, he caused a lot of destruction to his family. 

I believe some of that damage later affected Midge's viewpoint so that she misunderstood what our desires and intentions were as we set out to follow where the Lord had led us. Somehow in the midst of all of the brokenness of her marriage and the many struggles to raise two boys on her own with a limited income, she managed to raise a godly son who became my husband. 

Clint is an example of her handiwork. I am very thankful for her efforts because they bless mine and my children's life on a daily basis. 

It is God who uses willing servants to pull beauty from ashes. I am thankful to Midge for being a willing servant. May God have the glory for the great things He has done!

Proverbs 31:29 Many daughters have done well, but you excel them all.

Romans 5:20 …But where sin abounded, grace abounded much more:

II Corinthians 2:14 Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ… 


John 8:36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed. 

Deuteronomy 26:11  So you shall rejoice in every good thing which the LORD your God has given to you and your house…