Saturday, April 19, 2014

Bird, Wildflowers,and Ironing Boards

The ironing board my mother-in-law bought me right after I got married finally wore out. Her investment of $12 lasted 26 years of marriage. I think she'd call that a good deal! We couldn't think of a way to fix it, so we tossed it out and checked online to see where we'd buy the next one. 

I saw the professional ironing board on Walmart's and Amazon's websites and thought it would be nice to have one, but decided I couldn't justify spending that much on an ironing board since I do not iron that often. I figured a regular one for $16 would do.

Amanda said there were a few ironing boards in a resale shop. Upon checking, those were too worn for my needs, but I decided I'd check a few more thrift stores before buying one new. I bowed my head and asked God to help me find an ironing board when Clint and I went out that evening.

Well, I found the exact professional ironing board I wanted in the first store!! It is in great shape with no rust or dents and opens and closes easily. Because it is missing the pad and a rubber foot cap, the manager had marked it down to $4.95! Besides those two things, it looks like new! The pad from my old one fit, so all I need is a rubber leg tip. Clint thinks he has one of those in his shed for me.

When we pay attention to the little things, we see God cares about those small details too. Thank You, Father, for caring about the little things in all of our lives.


Philippians 4:6  "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everythingby prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." (emphasis mine)

Luke 12:6,7,27-31 ' “When birds are sold, five small birds cost only two pennies. But God does not forget any of them. Yes, God even knows how many hairs you have on your head. Don’t be afraid. You are worth much more than many birds....Think about how the wildflowers grow. They don’t work or make clothes for themselves. But I tell you that even Solomon, the great and rich king, was not dressed as beautifully as one of these flowers. If God makes what grows in the field so beautiful, what do you think he will do for you? That’s just grass—one day it’s alive, and the next day someone throws it into a fire. But God cares enough to make it beautiful. Surely he will do much more for you. Your faith is so small! “So don’t always think about what you will eat or what you will drink. Don’t worry about it. That’s what all those people who don’t know God are always thinking about. But your Father knows that you need these things. What you should be thinking about is God’s kingdom. Then he will give you all these other things you need.'